We need to make our justice systems accessible. Why?
- According to NCADV, nearly 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the United States. During one year, this equates to more than 10 million women and men.
- A variety of issues plague veterans everyday, including military sexual trauma, the impact of undesirable discharges, disputes, will prep, transition, and homelessness, that could be helped through technology.
- According to PACER, students who experience bullying are at increased risk for poor school adjustment, sleep difficulties, anxiety, and depression.
- Approximately 1 in 10 Americans aged 60+ have experienced some form of elder abuse, according to NCOA.
- There are 65.6 million people forcible displaced worldwide.
- Institutionalized justice systems have largely remained frozen in place, locked into particular geographic places and paper.
- Without realignment of focus, courts and the legal aid system will continue to risk being too overburdened to meet the increasing needs of low-income communities.
Become a Member of the Internetbar.org Institute Today
Stand together to build the Justice Layer of the Internet as a community of equals and become part of a global mission to define justice online.
Internetbar.org Institute (IBO) was founded to be a bar organization for the Internet. Traditionally, bar associations connect, educate and define professional standards for those who are members (lawyers). Because the Internet is global and involves a multi-faceted set of participants, all contributing to the normative behavior of online interaction, IBO includes anyone – activist, lawyer, technologist, advocate, student, entrepreneur – who wants to be a part of making the Justice Layer become a reality through education, prevention, access to tools, and empowerment of the individual in the justice system through arts and culture. Read more about our Principles here.
As a bar organization for all committed to access to justice work on both the grassroots and policy levels, IBO relies on membership dues, sponsors and donors to help us develop, implement and scale our projects. IBO members are an integral part of our ongoing work, not only financially but as active partners in our initiatives.
Explore our membership levels below – each level offers a number of benefits, products, and opportunities that further our goal.
If we want to do more than witness the process unfold, we must consciously and actively build the justice layer of the Internet. ~ Jeffrey Aresty, IBO President
|Student||$5.00 per Month.||Select|
|Coder||$10.00 per Month.||Select|
|Business (Monthly)||$14.00 per Month.||Select|
|Business||$150.00 per Year.||Select|
|Legal (Monthly)||$14.00 per Month.||Select|
|Legal||$150.00 per Year.||Select|